As I am casually browsing my feeds, checking out my Bloggers community groups on Social Media, I see a message that pops up from my fellow blogger, Ms. Jade King notifying me that I Kerai Kreative Style have been nominated for the Liebster Award! I am simply honored that I was one of the chosen one, based on the content of my blog and the fact that I use it as a platform to inspire other Plus Size women! The word "liebster" can be defined, as beloved, sweetheart , dearest or all the above. I can honestly say that is how I feel about my blog! This award is virtually passed on and accepted to other bloggers due to their consistent positive involvement in their blogging community. In addition to this, it is a great way to expand your network and exchange ideas on the blogging platform with new bloggers just like you! I would like to thank Jade King of Enlightenedsurvivor for having nominated me and taking the time to follow my development as a new blogger. I strategically chose this picture, as this was one of my first post in 2016. Would like to thank 3 special individuals that supported the jump start of this blog:
Jade's Blog is touching to the core and speaks to women that are dealing with infertility. It is very courageous to be able to share your most painful ordeal with the world, in the hope that your story can help someone.
Things You Might Not Know About Me:
- Why did I start a blog? Is it everything I dreamed of so far?
I started my blog in 2016, although I have been busy with it for the past 2 years, in 2016 I decided to go LIVE. Being originally from the Caribbean, but having lived in Europe for a few years, I realized when I came back to my beautiful island that being plus size was a challenge. Not only in the fashion area but most importantly from an emotional perspective. I wanted to create a platform, where plus size ladies (starting with St.Maarten of course) would understand the importance of self acceptance and first loving one self. That is how Kerai Kreative Style was born. It has certainly connected me with amazing individuals that I would not have reached out to, had it not been for the blog.
- What have I learned from my blog?
The greatest lesson would have to be the fear of not being able to share your messages with a large audience. However, I have learned that it is not about the numbers of followers that you may or may not have, but it is about engaging with the RIGHT people. And in the midst of people you will be able to pull out quality that will help you elevate your blog to the next level. Blogging is a lot of work and dedication, but once you find that what you are passionate to blog about, the work will come natural to you and you will not have to worry about content or the quality of it for that matter!
- What is something people would be surprised to know about me?
Most people do not know that I do motivational speaker and that I am a great advocate for young women. That I will try to help empower our women from an early age, showing them that they are REGAL, and as such deserve to be treated like royalty.
- What is my greatest joy in life?
My greatest joy is being a mother. My seven years old son, Keyon, is the driver behind my energy and determination to be a better person. My goal is to leave behind a legacy for him, where he can look back, and years after my earthly departure he can be proud of who his mother was and how she impacted not only his life, but other people's lives as well.
- What’s number 1 on my bucket list?
To be honest with you, I have the hardest time with my bucket list (LOL). I think every week it gets revised. My bucket list consist of living and exploring life to the fullest. Do not limit yourself and do not let anyone determine what you can or cannot do!
My Selection Of Nominees are:
- Lovebloodandscrubs I love the fact that we can all relate as corporate women that try to balance it all. In her career path I can imagine that the pressure is even higher, but she eloquently narrates her challenges, her joy and her passion for what she does, and that is combining motherhood with her demanding career, a career that in most cases is a calling!
- Insideridea This blog covers a little bit of every topic, this mean that it will have an expanded audience and ultimately engagement will be from different perspectives. Everything that is currently trending you can find on this site.
- Morningcoffeeandtruth If you are looking for great tips that will enhance your chaotic life, this is a great blog to follow with some awesome tips that will help you through this process. It also has a series of inspirational affirmations,
- Stylishgal Right up my fashion alley, is this dynamic fashion blogger that shops and looks FAB while being on a budget. She is a brand ambassador and really enjoys the perks of being able to share her shopping tips with her audience. The most important thing is that they will leave her page feeling like a million bucks, but will be able to do this within their budget.
- Dejadorsey Love the fact that it focuses on beauty tips that any girl would like to know. I love the clean lay out and the easiness to browse the page. It has varied content that can bring you from one good read to the next.
- Steele - Martin Focuses on lifestyle, travel and male fashion with an elegant twist. Love his mysterious layout of his blog, will keep you intrigue and force you to drop in and read a variety of information from a male perspective.
- GCYTravel Travel bloggers are an essential and fun part of the blogging industry. They take the time to research all the tedious information that we as travelers, sometimes take for granted and that would make our vacation experience a memorable one. You will find that Glenda shares quite a lot of information about our very own 37 square miles of paradise, called St. Maarten.
Rules for the Nominated:
- Write a blog post in acceptance of your Award, link back to me and answer the questions I have included.
- Nominate at least 5 start up Bloggers with a following of 1,000 or less on Social Media or under 200 subscribers on their blog
- Include a list of questions you would like them to answer
- Notify your nominees
Questions for the nominated
- What inspired you to become a blogger?
- What would you tell someone that is thinking about becoming a blogger?
- Which influential Blogger inspires you daily?
- Is blogging a business or a hobby for you?
- Where do you see your blog in the next 5 years, and what makes your blog so different from the thousands that are out there?
- Do you ever have writer's block and how do you deal with it?
Once again THANK YOU Enlightenedsurvivor for the nomination & to all the Nominees: Have lots of fun writing and I am truly looking forward to reading your posts and who you will nominate next! Make sure to keep the Bloggers Love flowing!