SXM Girl's Night Out has been "The Premier One - Stop Shopping & Networking Event since 2013! It all started with an idea that came to life by making women collaborate together while supporting each other's businesses, skills and the many talents on the island. In 2013 they were humbled and appreciative for the 250 women that supported their vision...But in 2016 it was taken over the top when a total of 1500 women passed through the event.
I had the pleasure to have an exclusive Blogger's interview with one of the brain child behind this project, Ms. Ijeoma Anyanwu. Ijeoma was elated to share some of the components that the attendees can expect during this year edition of GNO (Girl's Night Out). There was no better place to hold this interview than the waterfront!
It is with this background that for their 5th anniversary, some changes had to be made in terms of venue and setting that would be able to accommodate the mass of women that would come out on this night, June 3rd, 2017. This year's venue is none other than the West indies Shopping Mall, located in the heart of Marigot, looking over our wonderful waterfront! The 1st and 2nd floor will be used to display a variety of almost 50 vendors...an astronomical growth from the initial 17 that they started with. To say that this The Girl's Night Out organization, dominated by women is beyond proud is an understatement! This French venue will also facilitate the logistics for our Anguilla Trade & Vendors, while expanding the current Dutch / French as well.
We talked about some of the signature components that make GNO so unique:
- Panel of ladies: for the weekend there will be an assigned group of ladies that will provide their feedback on the overall experience of the event. Next year however will be the GNO International edition and they are looking at having the ladies stay more days and explore our beautiful island in its full GLORY.
- Sexiest Red High Heel Contest (Back by Popular demand)
- Their Famous Swag Bags!
- Group reservations for Swag Bags. Once you are a group of 10 or more ladies, you can contact any of the organizers and reserve your Swag Bags. There are only 600 Swag Bags ladies, so make sure that you come early!
- GNO Ambassadors. A dedicated team of ladies that are equipped to brand and fulfill the GNO experience for everyone that attends.
- Vendor's Spotlight - Vendors will get a few minutes to promote their businesses in creative / dynamic ways
Important to know is that the Vendors selections process has become more exclusive. Giving every business the fair opportunity to expose their brands. This is one of the feedback that keeps coming back every year and that they have worked hard to tailor it in a way that would be beneficial for everyone. By doing this, they have ensured that the same type of vendors / products do not saturate the event. Ultimately this is the perfect opportunity for vendors to advertise via a platform that has an incredible reach. And Although it would be great to be sold out on that evening, the real idea behind this concept is to get your business / service out there!
- New this year, will be the makeup brand "Black UP", as they have that major spotlight. They will be of course conducting little makeover looks and providing customers with professional advice.
- There will also be Live Streaming available out of the event
- Live Interviews with the various Vendors
- The Panel (Queen Bosses Panel)
- New Vendors that they are excited about to showcase: All of the vendors in the Shopping Mall will be participating, which is something very rare (brands like Lacoste, Vanity First, L'occitane, Pelican Shades etc). We have this year a variety in high end Vendors on board. The famous $10 dollars store is back, together with Mamacita as a sponsor and Clarence Spa.
What can we expect on the entertainment side? As you know entertainment is an important component of any major event. This year you can once again expect the Fashion Show, Our MC Ms. Malaika Maxwell will also grace us with a performance, in addition to this there is also a "surprise performance" scheduled. As if this was not enough there will be the raffling of 3 grand prizes:
- A Cruise for 2
- Weekend Stay at a surprise hotel
- Three Hundred Dollars Visa Gift Card
With just a few hours until the event, the pressure and the excitement is certainly palpable as we prepare to put forward a great production. If you feel that you have a product / service that needs to be exposed, you might still have time to join the GNO team last minute and I would really advice you to make use of this exceptional marketing strategy.
Stay Tuned as Kerai Kreative Style Will bring You Some More Girl's Night Out Highlights & The Grand Finale on June 3rd, 2017!!